A 300 [W] solar panel is used to convert solar irradiation to electrical energy.
Process modeling (calculate stuff)
- Solar irradiation model
- PV panel model
- Diode based I-V curve model
- Diffuse direct location based model
Component design (draw stuff)
- Make a 3D CAD model of the solar panel
- Talk to / find suppliers
Experimenting / Testing (build stuff)
- Coupling of the solar panel to the methanol unit.
- Use the panel to test the performance of certain subsystems.
Process & Energy Engineering
COCO Simulator / Aspen
Fusion 360 / Solid Works